- Overview / Get Help
- Network Accounts
- Instruction Support
- Licensed math software
- Printing / Scanning
- Annual Inventory
301D Room Instructions
- 4K TV screen on moveable stand
- Windows desktop computer:
- Includes 'standard' math software
- Webcam & speaker-Mic
- Apple TV for screen sharing from Apple devices
- Airtame for screen sharing from Windows and standard devices
- HDMI cable to directly connect laptops and other devices
ALWAYS TEST SETUP WELL BEFORE THE START OF IMPORTANT PRESENTATIONS!
Quick guide for using the TV
- Note that the TV remote is a motion-sensitive pointing device. Use the remote to point to and select options on the TV screen.
- Turn on the TV using the remote.
- Press the "Input Select" button on the remote and select the desired input using the on-screen cursor.
- Press on the scroll wheel to select on-screen options. The cursor will ‘hide’ when the remote is set down on a flat surface.
Using the PC connected to the TV
- Select the “PC”input.
- Use the wireless keyboard and mouse on the shelf to control the PC.
- The screen may go to sleep. Press a button on the keyboard to wake the computer if there is ‘No Input’ from the PC.
- Log in to the “301D Room Login” account. Note: The contents of this account are reset at every login. Items saved to the computer will not be retained.
- The USB port at the left-side foot of the TV can be used to connect a flash drive or other USB device to the PC.
- The presenter in the room is connected to the PC. Use this for slides.
- Skype requires personal logins. Log in with your Skype account to place calls or receive calls from people in your Skype address book.
- The webcam at the foot of the TV will be the video source and the square-shaped speaker-microphone will be the sound input and output.
- Place the speaker-mic on the conference table for best quality.
- Connect to the room “LSU-Math-301d”.
- Video and audio sources are the same as for Skype above.
Using the Apple TV
- Select the “Apple TV” input.
- On your Apple device, enable Wi-Fi and connect to the eduroam network.
- Enable Bluetooth on your device.
- Start an airplay session and select the Apple TV named “LSU Math Lockett 301D”.
- A 4-digit pin code will appear on the TV screen. Enter this on your device to begin the Airplay session.
Using your own Laptop or HDMI-connected device
- Select the “Laptop” input.
- Connect the hanging HDMI cable on the right side of the TV to your device.
- Audio and video will work over the HDMI cable, if the device is set appropriately to send audio over the HDMI connection.
Using the Airtame
- Select the “Airtame” input.
- The Airtame app must be installed on your device. Install it from your device app store or go to the following link and download the program: www.airtame.com/download
- Open the Airtame app and enter the IP number specified on the TV.
- Click the blue “Start" button to begin streaming.
- To stream sound, enable sound streaming by clicking on the small blue speaker icon at the top-right of your screen
- To end the streaming, simply quit the Airtame program.