LSU is known throughout the United States for its sports program. The state of Louisiana features dozens of annual festivals, including the celebration of Mardi Gras. Hopefully we'll tell you about some events you haven't heard about yet.
- LSU Sports:
- Football on saturdays in the fall: Best bet is to purchase season tickets and try to sell those you can't make (since there are always people looking for tickets). Need a ticket? Ask around the department.
- Basketball in the Pete Maravich Assembly Center (PMAC) December through March: Men's team usually play Wednesdays and Saturdays, Women's team usually on Mondays and Thursdays. Tickets are FREE! Show up early for GREAT seats!
- Baseball in the spring in Alex Box Stadium
- Big Art Shows:
- White Lights Night sponsored by the Mid City Merchants in late November
- Hot Art, Cool Nights sponsored by the Mid City Merchants in early May
- VooDooFest in New Orleans in late October
- Jazz Fest in New Orleans in late April
- Festival International in Lafayette
- Earth Day in mid-April
- Fest For All in early May
- Live after Five: select Fridays; downtown Baton Rouge across from the Shaw Center
- Sundays in the Park: select Sundays; Jazz in Lafayette Park, downtown Baton Rouge across from the Shaw Center
- Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra
- Other Things to Do in Baton Rouge:
Calendars of Events