Jump to a section:
- Get set up
- Get tech
- Get around
- Get to know campus
- Get to know Baton Rouge
- Get used to life in the U.S.
Get set up
- Download LSU's mobile app, which includes campus maps, LSU sports news, and routes and live tracking for LSU's bus system, Tiger Trails. Links for iOS and Android devices.
- See the G.E.A.U.X. Apartment Advice page for info on finding a place to live.
- Campus Federal Credit Union: (located in the Union)
- COX Communications: Local Cable, Internet, and Phone -- Use this link to get your internet service at a student discount.
- Entergy: Local energy supplier.
- Student Health Insurance
- Register to Vote in Baton Rouge: check here or wait for registration cards to come to campus
- LSU suggests you program the following numbers into your phone:
- LSU Police Department: 225-578-3231 (Report Suspicious Activity)
- BR Police Department: 225-389-2000
- Campus Transit: 225-578-5555
- Report Outdoor Lighting Problems: 225-578-3186 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Departmental Computing Services page for software and information on computing.
- Accessing LSU's wireless network: extensive instructions from LSU.
- Information Technology Services: LSU's computer support.
- TigerWare: Free and discounted software available to all students at LSU. Includes Mathematica 8, Microsoft Word, and other useful software.
- User support: Information Technology Services staffs a walk-up help desk in the LSU Library, room 141.
- LSU Office of Parking, Traffic, and Transportation: Get your campus parking pass and find info on bus routes and the campus transit door-to-door shuttle
- You can see which bus routes are running and where each bus is on its route here.
- Capital Area Transit System: or CATS, the Baton Rouge Transit System
- Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles
- Bike Baton Rouge: bicyclist and pedestrian advocacy organization -- register complaints, learn about biking, or participate in local rides
Get on schedule
Get to know campus
- Visitors and New Students: Math Department page
- Visitors: official LSU page
- Campus Map
- Smart phone users download the LSU Mobile App
- The Daily Reveille: The campus newspaper.
- Student Government: Let your representatives fight for your rights!
Get to know Baton Rouge
- Official Baton Rouge Government Website
- Dial 3-1-1 locally (even from any cell phone) during business hours to speak with a live person.
- The Advocate: Local newspaper.