Get set up
- Download LSU's mobile app, which includes campus maps, LSU sports news, and routes and live tracking for LSU's bus system, Tiger Trails. Links for iOS and Android devices, and a mobile web version
- See the G.E.A.U.X. Apartment Advice page for info on finding a place to live.
- Campus Federal Credit Union: (located in the Union)
- COX Communications: Local Cable, Internet, and Phone (located in the Union) -- Go to the Cox desk on the bottom floor of the Student Union on campus and get your internet service at a great student discount.
- Entergy: Local energy supplier.
- Graduate Student Health Care from LSU: NEW and CHEAP! 2014-2015 info, and LSU's Student Health Center
- Register to Vote in Baton Rouge: check here or wait for registration cards to come to campus
- LSU suggests you program the following numbers into your phone (Area Code 225):
- LSU Police Department: 578-3231 (Report Suspicious Activity)
- BR Police Department: 389-2000
- Campus Transit: 578-5555
- Report Outdoor Lighting Problems: 578-3186 or
- Visit the Departmental Computing Services page for software and information on computing.
- Please see Nikkos Svodoba in room 389 to set up your Math Department account.
- Accessing LSU's wireless network: new and extensive instructions from LSU.
- Information Technology Services: LSU's computer support.
- TigerWare: Free and discounted software available to all students at LSU. Includes Mathematica 8, Microsoft Word, and other useful software.
- User support: Information Technology Services staffs a walk-up help desk in the Middleton Library, room 141.
Get on schedule
Get to know campus
Get to know Baton Rouge
Get used to life in the U.S.
There are plenty of places to eat around campus, and even more in Baton Rouge!! Convenient locations for a lunch-break can be found here and on this map, and most are a short walk from the math building.