This page lists PhD graduates of our department since 1990, with dissertation title. Links are provided to Math reviews if a paper based on the dissertation research has appeared in print. Some dissertations are linked below to pdf files of summaries or full documents.
Beginning in Fall 2001, LSU is a full participant in the Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations ndltd, a global library of such documents, so we have provided links to that library for the most recent dissertations.
Jump to decade: 1990s 2000s
- Chen, Sheng (1990, Advisor: Perlis)
- Constructing isospectral but non-isometric Riemannian manifolds. Canad. Math. Bull. 35 (1992), no. 3, 303--310. MR
- Gu, Diana (1990, Advisor: Reid)
- Peripheral and eccentric vertices in graphs. Graphs Combin. 8 (1992), no. 4, 361--375.MR
- Gubser, Bradley S.(1990, Advisor: Oxley)
- A characterization of almost-planar graphs. Combin. Probab. Comput. 5 (1996), no. 3, 227--245.MR
- Pfeffer, Carolyn B.(1990, Advisor: Richardson)
- Zeroes of primary summand functions on campact solvmanifolds. J. Funct. Anal. 108 (1992), no.1, 161-186.MR
- Beaulieu, Patricia (1991, Advisor: Perlis)
- The Galois number.
Math. Ann. 309 (1997), no. 1, 81--96.
- Stuart, Donna (1991, Advisor: Perlis)
- A new characterization of arithmetic equivalence. J. Number Theory 53 (1995), no. 2, 300--308.MR
- Moss, J.D.Jr.,(1991, Advisor: Richardson)
- A Paley-Wiener theorem for selected nilpotent Lie groups.
J. Funct. Anal. 114 (1993), no. 2, 395--411.
- Wargo, Lawrence (1991, Advisor: Oxley)
- Regular matroids with every circuit basis fundamental. J. Graph Theory 21 (1996), no. 3, 327--334.MR
- Kingan, Robert (1992, Advisor: Hurrelbrink)
- Tournaments and ideal class groups. Canad. Math. Bull. 38 (1995), no. 3, 330--333.MR
- Lee, Jung-Soon (1992, Advisor: Kuo)
- Stochastic Volterra equations with singular kernels.
Stochastic Process. Appl. 56 (1995), no. 2, 337--349.
- Asadian, Fariborz (1992, Advisor: Kuo)
- Regularity of measures induced by solutions of infinite-dimensional stochastic differential equations. Rocky Mountain J. Math. 27 (1997), no. 2, 387--423.
- Aucoin, Karen D. (1993, Advisor: Hildebrant)
- The structure of commutative ideal semigroups. Semigroup Forum 50 (1995), no. 3, 295--300.
- Dumesnil, Jill A. (1993, Advisor: Hildebrant)
- On $t$-semigroups. Semigroup Forum 50 (1995), no. 3, 383--387.
- Martin, Heath M.(1993, Advisor: Johnston)
- Notes on quadratic sequences. Comm. Algebra 22 (1994), no. 1, 307--319.
- Park, Robert (1994, Advisor: Richardson)
- A Paley-Wiener theorem for all two- and three-step nilpotent Lie groups. J. Funct. Anal. 133 (1995), no. 2, 277--300.
- Wu, Haidong (1994, Advisor: Oxley)
- On matroid connectivity. Discrete Math. 146 (1995), no. 1-3, 321--324.
- Kingan, S. R. (1994, Advisor: Oxley)
- Binary matroids without prisms, prism duals, and cubes. Discrete Math. 152 (1996), no. 1-3, 211--224.
- Edie, Richard (1994, Advisor: Ferreyra)
- On the optimal control of the Vidale-Wolfe advertising model. Optimal Control Appl. Methods 18 (1997), no. 1, 59--72.
- Dobson, Edward (1995, Advisor: Bollobas)
- Isomorphism problem for Cayley graphs of $Z\sp 3\sb p$. Discrete Math. 147 (1995), no. 1-3, 87--94.
- Kim, Mihi (1995, Advisor: Neubrander)
- Remarks on Volterra equations in Banach spaces.
Commun. Korean Math. Soc. 12 (1997), no. 4, 1039--1064.
Abstract: ps, and
- Knuckles, Craig (1995, Advisor: Wolenski)
- $C\sp 1$ selections of multifunctions in one dimension. Real Anal. Exchange 22 (1996/97), no. 2, 655--676.
- Paris, Stephen (1995, Advisor: Gilmer)
- An extremal property of Rokhlin's inequality for real algebraic curves. Math. Ann. 304 (1996), no. 3, 613--620.
- Ahmad, Hamza (1995, Advisor: Ohm)
- Function fields of Pfister neighbors. J. Algebra 178 (1995), no. 2, 653--664.
- Chimitza, Basinyi (1995, Advisor: Gilmer)
- Modules associated to disconnected surfaces by quantization functors.
Topology Appl. 93 (1999), no. 1, 41--63.
- Mills, Allan D (1995, Advisor:Oxley)
- Matroids that are almost series-parallel networks. Proceedings of the Twenty-seventh Southeastern International Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Computing (Baton Rouge, LA, 1996). Congr. Numer. 119 (1996), 161--172.
- Vijayan, Colathur R.(1995, Advisor: Richardson)
- Non-homeomorphic nilmanifolds with identical unitary spectrum.
J. Funct. Anal. 144 (1997), no. 2, 424--447.
- Gonzalez, Genaro (1995, Advisor: Lawson)
- Fourier series, Fourier transforms and applications. Divulg. Mat. 5 (1997), no. 1-2, 43--60 (1998).
- Shi, Gen Bao (1995, Advisor: J. Goldstein)
- Obstacle scattering for elastic waves. Recent developments in evolution equations (Glasgow, 1994), 3--17, Pitman Res. Notes Math. Ser., 324, Longman Sci. Tech., Harlow, 1995.
- Wang, Kunyang (1996, Advisor: J. Goldstein)
- Degenerate nonlinear parabolic problems: the influence of probability theory. Stochastic processes and functional analysis (Riverside, CA, 1994), 101--111, Lecture Notes in Pure and Appl. Math., 186, Dekker, New York, 1997.
- Cook, Darwin (1996, Advisor: Richardson)
- M�ntz-Szasz theorems for nilpotent Lie groups.
J. Funct. Anal. 157 (1998), no. 2, 394--412.
- Fitzgerald, Jeanne (1996, Advisor: Lax)
- Decoding affine variety codes using Gr�bner bases.
Des. Codes Cryptography, 13 (1998), no. 2, 147--158.
- Leo, John W (1996, Advisor: Oxley)
- On coefficients of the Tutte polynomial. Discrete Math. 184 (1998), no. 1-3, 121--135. MR
- Stevens, Wayne (1996, Advisor: Gilmer)
- Recursion formulas for some abelian knot invariants. J. Knot Theory Ramifications 9 (2000), no. 3, 413--422. MR
- Lim, Yongdo (1996, Advisor: Lawson)
- On $UDL$ decompositions in semigroups. J. Korean Math. Soc. 34 (1997), no. 3, 633--651.
- Kim, Jaehoo Park (1996, Advisor: Smolinsky)
- A HOMFLY-PT polynomial of links in a solid torus. Journal of Knot Theory and Its Ramifications 8 (1999), no.6, 709-720;
- Zou, Dongya (1996, Advisor: Kuo); Existence and uniqueness theorems for some white noise integral equations.
- Baeumer, Boris (1997, Advisor: Neubrander)
- Convolution kernels and generalized functions. Generalized functions, operator theory, and dynamical systems (Brussels, 1997), 68--78, Chapman & Hall/CRC Res. Notes Math., 399, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, FL, 1999.
- John Dittmann (1997, Advisor: Oporowski)
- Unavoidable minors of graphs of large type. Discrete Mathematics (to appear)
- Brusamarello, Rosali (1998, Advisor: Morales)
- On the second Stiefel-Whitney class of scaled trace forms of central simple algebras. J. London Math. Society. (2) 61 (2000), no. 2, 335--348. MR 2001c:11051
- Wu, Zhaoyang (1998, Advisor: Oxley)
- On extremal connectivity properties of unavoidable matroids. J. Combininatorial Theory Ser. B 75 (1999), no. 1, 19--45. MR
- Wu, Pou-lin (1998, Advisor: Oxley)
- An upper bound on the number of edges of a $2$-connected graph. Combin. Probab. Comput. 6 (1997), no. 1, 107--113.
- Matthews, Gretchen L. (1999, Advisor: Lax)
- Weierstrass pairs and minimum distance of
Goppa codes. Designs, Codes and Cryptography 22 (2001), 107-121
- Whipple, Gretchen (1999, Advisor: Madden)
- Totally ordered commutative monoids. Semigroup Forum 62 (2001), no.2, 249-278;
MR 1 831 511 (2001:12).
- Ru, Xueping (1999, Advisor: Dorroh)
- The application of the method of quasi-reversibility to the sideways heat equation.
J. Math. Anal. Appl. 236 (1999), no. 2, 503--519.
- Stan, Aurel Iulian (1999, Advisor: Kuo)
- Paley-Wiener theorem for white noise analysis. J. Functional Anal. 173 (2000), no. 2, 308--327.
- Lu, Bin (1999, Advisor: Lawson)
- Riemann and Edalat integration on domains. Theoretical Computer Science (to appear).
- Turner, Galen (1999, Advisor: Oxley)
- Discrete Mathematics
- Gary L. Salazar (August 2000, Advisor: Advisor: Lax)
- Linear Codes Defined from Higher-Dimensional Varieties:
- Yu Zhuang (August 2000, Advisor: Neubrander)
- Classically Unstable Approximations for Linear Evolution Equations and Applications:
- Jianyuan Zhong (August 2000, Advisor: Gilmer)
- The Homflypt skein module of S1xS2:
See Departmental Online Preprint Service.
- Angel Cruz-Delgado (August 2000, Advisor: Ferreyra)
- On Some Optimal Control Problems for the Centroaffine Geometry on the Plane.
- Chin-Te Chu (December 2000, Advisor: Richardson)
- A Canonical Description of Plancherel Measure for Two-Step Free Nilpotent Lie Groups:
- Said K. Ngobi (December 2000, Advisor: Kuo)
- On Stochastic Integration for White Noise Distribution Theory:
- Robert Osburn (May 2001, Advisor: Hurrelbrink)
- Densities of 4-ranks of K2(O) has appeared in
Acta. Arith. 102 (2002), 45-54; MR1884956(2002m:11099).
- Uroyoan R. Walker (May 2001, Advisor: Morales)
- On k-Conjugacy Classes of Maximal Tori in Semi-Simple Algebraic Groups:
- Glenn R. Berman (May 2001, Advisor: Ding)
- Categorization of Graphs for which Every Orientation Contains Directed Graphs with One, Two, or Three Directed Two-circuits as a Minor.
- Cem Guneri(Aug 2001, Advisor: Lax)
- Artin-Schreier Families and 2-D Cyclic Codes:
Research published in the journal Finite Fields and Their Applications,
ISSN 1071-5797, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp 481-505, October, 2004, under the title
Artin-Schreier curves and weights of two-dimensional cyclic codes.
- Marius Somodi(Aug 2001, Advisor: Perlis)
- Bounding the Wild Set (Counting the minimum number of Wild Primes in Hilbert Symbol Equivalent Number Fields):
- Jamiiru Luttamaguzi(Dec 2001, Advisor: Ferreyra)
- Monotone Follower Control Problem with a Non-convex Functional and some related problems:
- Simone Flory (May 2002, Advisor: Neubrander)
- On the Stabilization and Regularization of Rational Approximation Schemes for Semigroups
- Brian J. Murray (Aug. 2002, Advisor: van Wamelen)
- Explicit Multiplicative Relations Between Gauss Sums :
- Victor S. Nelson (Aug. 2002, Advisor: Litherland)
- Racks, Quandles and Virtual Knots:
- Changheon Kang (Aug. 2002, Advisor: Perlis)
- Exotic Integral Witt Equivalence of Algebraic Number Fields:
- Fabiana Cardetti (Aug. 2002, Advisor: Ferreyra)
- On Properties of Linear Control Systems on Lie Groups:
- David Slay (Dec. 2002, Advisor: Fabec)
- Group Automorphisms and the Decomposition of Plancherel Measures:
- Jinko Kanno (Aug. 2003, Advisor: Ding)
- Splitter Theorems for 3- and 4-Regular Graphs :
- John Harris (Aug. 2003, Advisor: Gilmer)
- The Kauffman Bracket Skein Module of the Quaternionic Manifold :
- Robin Blankenship (Aug 2003, Advisor: Oporowski)
- Book Embeddings of Graphs :
- Haohao Wang (Aug. 2003, Advisor: Adkins)
- Equations of Parametric Surfaces with Base Points via Syzygies :
- Michael Holcomb (Aug. 2003, Advisor: Hoffman)
- On the Geometry and Topology of Moduli Spaces of Multi-polygonal Linkages :
- Troels Johansen (Aug. 2004, Advisor: Olafsson)
- Orbit Structure on the Silov Boundary of a Tube Domain and the Plancherel Decomposition of a Causally Compact Symmetric Space, with Emphasis on the Rank One Case: ndltd.
- Mihaly Kovacs (Aug. 2004, Advisor: Neubrander)
- On Qualitative Properties and Convergence of Time-Discretization Methods for Semigroups: ndltd.
- Costel Ionita (Aug. 2004, Advisor: Hurrelbrink)
- Class Groups and Norms of Units: ndltd.
- Vochita Mihai (Aug. 2004, Advisor: Sengupta)
- The Radon-Gauss Transform: ndltd.
- Claudiu Mihai (Dec. 2004, Advisor: Neubrander)
- Asymptotic Laplace Transforms: ndltd.
- Norma Ortiz (May 2005, Advisor: Wolenski)
- Dynamical Systems with Time Delay: ndltd.
- Vinicio Rios (May 2005, Advisor: Wolenski)
- Dissipative Lipschitz Dynamics: ndltd.
- Aristidou, Michael (August 2005, Olafsson)
- Laguerre Functions Associated to Euclidean Jordan Algebras: ndltd.
- Dobrescu, Mihaela (August 2005, Olafsson)
- Wavelet Sets with and without Groups and Multiresolution Analysis: ndltd.
- McAllister, Sarah (August 2005, Neubrander)
- Error Estimates for Stabilized Approximation Methods for Semigroups: ndltd.
- Czarneski, Debra (August 2005, Perlis)
- Zeta Functions of Finite Graphs: ndltd.
- Schellhorn, William (August 2005, Litherland)
- Virtual Strings for Closed Curves with Multiple Components and Filamentations for Virtual Links: ndltd.
- Cazacu, George Edison (August 2005, Lawson)
- Stability in Dynamical Polysystems: ndltd.
- Zabic, Stanislav (August 2005, Wolenski)
- Impulsive Systems: ndltd.
- Breitzman, Timothy (August 2005, Lipton)
- Multiscale Strain Analysis: ndltd.
- Cazacu, Rodica (December 2005, Lawson)
- Quasicontinuous Derivatives and Viscosity Functions: ndltd.
- Arslan, Mustafa (May 2006, Hoffman)
- Integral Cohomology of the Siegel Modular Variety of Degree Two and Level Three: ndltd.
- Al-Shammari, Khalid (May 2006, Wolenski)
- Filippov's Operator and Discontinuous Differential Equations: ndltd.