Contact informations:Department of Mathematics
344, Lockett Hall
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge LA 70803
Tel. +1 (225) 578-1612
Fax. +1 (225) 578-4276
Research Interests:My primary research interest lies in the analysis and numerical implementation of the variational approach to fracture. Throughout this work, I became increasingly interested in large scale high performance computing. In particular, I am deeply indebted to the PETSc, TAO, and Cubit projects which play an instrumental role in this project.
In recent years, I have become interested in the predictive understanding of reservoir stimulation for Enhanced Geothermal Systems, a clean and renewable source of energy. With several colleagues from the departments of Geology and Petroleum Engineering, I am involved in the Geothermal Interest Group at LSU which is “what I though academia was about before I knew what academia really is”...
I am also collaborating with Chevron ETC on reservoir stimulation techniques.
In the past, I also did some work on optimal design and image processing.
- Jean François Babadjian (Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France)
- Kaushik Bhattacharya (California Institute of Technology, USA)
- Gilles Francfort (Université Paris Nord, France)
- George Gauthier (Université Paris Sud, France)
- Duvan Henao (Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile)
- Matthew Knepley (U. of Chicago, USA)
- Christopher Larsen (WPI, USA)
- Véronique Lazarus (Université Paris Sud, France)
- Jean-Jacques Marigo (École Polytechnique, France)
- Corrado Maurini (Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France)
- Édouard Oudet (Université de Savoie, France)
- Mayank Tyagi (LSU, USA)
- Christopher D. White (LSU, USA)