I currently have openings for undergraduate research assistants. Graduate and post-graduate appointment are always subject to funding availability. Contact me for more informations.
- Nha Van Tran came to LSU in January 2016 after receiving a Master of Science Computational Engineering from the Vietnamese-German University, in collaboration with the Ruhr University in Bochum and a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics & Computer Science from the Vietnam National University. His graduate works deal with fracture in heterogeneous media, supported by a grant from the DMREF program of the National Science Foundation.
- Alex Dunkel is working simultaneously on a MS in Computer Science and a PhD in mathematics. His work deals with diffusion-driven fracture, supported by a grant from the applied mathematics program of the National Science Foundation.
- Andres León Baldelli is now a researcher at ENSTA-ParisTech.
- Jung Han Kimn is now a associate professor of Mathematics at South Dakota State University
- Erwan Tanné: Ph. D. Solid Mechanics 2017. His thesis “Variational phase-field models from brittle to ductile fracture: nucleation and propagation” was supported by a grant from Chevron ETC and co-advised with Jean-Jacques Marigo at the Laboratoire de Mécanique de solides at École Polytechnique. Erwan is now a postdoc in teh department of Mathematics at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada.
- Chukwudi Chukwudozie: Ph. D. in Petroleum Engineering 2016. Chukwudi is now a postdoc in the department of Civil Engineering at Columbia University in New York City. His thesis, supported by a grant from Chevron ETC and co-advised with Mayank Tyagi deals with the development of a fully coupled hydro-mechanical reservoir simulator with focus on the numerical simulation of hydraulic fracturing.
- Ataollah Mesgarnejad: Ph. D. in Mechanical Engineering and M.S. in Mathematics, 2014. His thesis deals with multiple numerical aspects of variational models of fracture and applications to out-of-plane deformation of thin films. Ata is now a postdoc in the department of Physics at Northeastern University in Boston.
- Cristina (Tugurlan) Marinovici: Ph.D. in Mathematics, 2008. In her thesis, Cristina developed a parallel implementation of the Fast Marching Method. Cristina is now a Software Engineer at Microsoft.
- Navid Mozaffari: M.S. in Mathematics, 2014.
- Kailyn Brabhan: M.N.S. in Mathematics, 2014.
- Sean Farley: M.S. Mathematics, 2009.
- Jean François Babadjian, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France.
- Kaushik Bhattacharya, California Institute of Technology, USA.
- Gilles Francfort, Université Paris Nord, France.
- George Gauthier, Université Paris Sud, France.
- Duvan Henao, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Matthew Knepley, Rice University, USA.
- Christopher Larsen, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA.
- Véronique Lazarus Université Paris Sud, France.
- Jean-Jacques Marigo, École Polytechnique, France.
- Corrado Maurini, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France.
- Édouard Oudet Université Joseph Fourier, France.
- G. Ravichandran, California Institute of Technology.
- Mayank Tyagi, LSU, USA.
- Christopher D. White, Tulane University, USA.
- Keita Yoshioka, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ, Germany.