Math 1552(Section 3): Calculus
- Spring 2014, Monday-Thursday
- Professor: Ambar Sengupta
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30am-9:30am, and by appointment.
Stewart's Calculus, Early Transcendentals 7th Edition. (Question: Why is it never `late transcendentals'?) This will be used mainly for homework problems.
- Mathematics 1550 or equivalent.
- Course Description
- This is a second step into calculus, with a geometric flavor. We will begin with a study of vectors in three dimensions and move into calculus through the study of curves and their geometric features. We will then turn to some basic concepts in real analysis, including the study of sequences and series, leading to the study of power series. We will conclude with an initiation into calculus in higher dimensions.
- Performance Evaluation
- Assignments/Quizzes 50%, Tests 25 %, and Final Examination 25%. Grading scale will be indicated on Moodle.