Math 4031 - Section 1
Prerequisites Mathematics 2057 or 2085, or equivalent.
- Mathematics 4031-Section 1
- Fall 2006, Tuesdays and Thursdays
9:10am-10:30am, Lockett 135
- Ambar Sengupta
- Room 324 Lockett, 578-1607, sengupta at math dot lsu dot edu
- Tuesdays 10:30am-11am, and by appointment.
- Text: We will use Professor Richardson's lecture notes Math 4031/4035 Advanced Calculus: Real Analysis with Norms, Fall 2006 edition, available at Serve 'U' Center, two blocks outside the LSU South Gates, at
4410 Highland Road adjacent to CC's Coffee House. We will cover most of the first three chapters and part of the fourth.
[The course ultimately followed my notes for the most part.]
There will be graded homework assignments (worth 20 percent),
3 one-hour tests (each worth 20 percent), and a two-hour final examination (20 percent).