I am a combinatorialist. I focus on matroid theory, in particular structural and algorithmic aspects of matroids representable over finite fields. In the past I have worked on sphere packing and on algorithmic game theory. See my research page and talks page for more details.
- 2012-2015: NSF grant Can we compare sets of points efficiently?
- 2015-2018: NSF grant Connectivity and Structure in Representable Matroids.
My current PhD student is Kevin Grace.
I write for the Matroid Union, a blog for and by the matroid theory community.
Workshops and conferences
- 2014: co-organizer, with Rudi Pendavingh, of the 2014 Workshop on Structure in Graphs and Matroids, Princeton.
- 2015: organizer, invited minisymposium on Matroid Theory at the 2015 Canadian Discrete and Algorithmic Mathematics Conference (CanaDAM).
- 2016: organizer, invited minisymposium on Matroid Theory at the 2016 SIAM Conference on Discrete Mathematics.
- 2016: co-organizer, with Rudi Pendavingh, of the 2016 Workshop on Structure in Graphs and Matroids, Eindhoven.
Phone: (225) 578-2925
Office: 246 Lockett Hall