Ph.D. Pennsylvania State University, 2002
Contact: 256 Lockett Hall, (225)-578-1654, llongATlsu.edu
- (Spring 2022) Math 4201 (Undergraduate) Abstract Algebra II and Math 7211 (Graduate) Abstract Algebra II
- (Fall 2021) Math1553, Honor Cal II
- (Spring 2021) Math7230, Algebraic Number Theory
- (Fall 2019) Math2090 Section 2 and Section 3
- (Spring 2019) Math7230 (Number Theory Jointly with Prof. Hoffman), and Math 2090, Section 2
- (Fall 2018) Math1552, Section 1
- (Spring 2018) Math2085
- (Fall 2017) Math2058, Section 1; Math7210, Algebra I
- (Fall 2016) Math 2057, Section 2; Math 2058 Section 1; Math7230, Algebraic Number Theory
- (Spring 2016) Math1552, Section 17; Math1553, Section 1
- (Fall 2014) Math1550, Section 26 and Section 30
- (Fall 2013) Math2057, Section 5 and Section 6
Major Research Grants and
- NSF research grant DMS #1602047, PI, 2016-2021
- NSF conference grant DMS #1642598, PI, 2016-2017
- NSF research grant DMS #1303292, PI, 2013-2016
- NSF conference grant DMS #1363265, PI 2014-2015
- AWM Ruth I. Michler Memorial Prize 2012-2013 winner
- NSF research grant DMS#1001332, PI, 2010-2014
- NSA Young Investigators Grant, PI, 2008-2010
- Clay Mathematical Institute: Liftoff Research Fellowship,
- A Whipple $_7F_6(1)$ formula revisited (with Wen-Ching Winnie Li and Fang-Ting Tu), La Mathematica, article/10.1007/s44007-021-00015-6,
- Supercongruences for rigid hypergeometric Calabi--Yau threefolds (with Fang-Ting Tu, Noriko Yui, Wadim Zudilin), Adv. in Math. 393 Article 108058 (2021), arXiv:1705.01663
- Hypergeometric functions over finite fields, (with
Jenny G. Fuselier, Ravi Ramakrishna, Holly Swisher, and Fang-Ting Tu), arxiv:1510.02575 , Memoirs of the AMS, accepted in July 2019.
- Potentially $GL_2$-type Galois representations associated to noncongruence modular forms
(with Wen-Ching Winnie Li and Tong Liu), arxiv:1609.06414 ,
Trans. of AMS, 371 (2019), 5341-5377.
- Some supercongruences occurring in truncated hypergeometric series (with Ravi Ramakrishna),
Adv. in Math., 290, 773-808, 2016
- Galois representations with quaternion
multiplications associated to noncongruence modular forms, (with A.O.L.
Atkin, Wen-Ching Winnie Li, and Tong Liu), arXiv:1005.4105, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 365 (2013), no. 12, 6217–6242.
- On l-adic representations for a space of
noncongruence cuspforms, (with Jerome William Hoffman and Helena
Verrill), Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 140 (2012), 1569-1584.
- Fourier coefficients of noncongruence cuspforms,
(with Wen-Ching Winnie Li), Bull. London Math. Soc. (2012)
- Hypergeometric evaluation identities and
supercongruences, Pacific J. of Math, 249-2 (2011), 405--418.
- On modular forms for some noncongruence subgroups of
the modular group II, (with Chris Kurth), Bull. London Math. Soc.
(2009), Vol. 41 589-598
- On Atkin and Swinnerton-Dyer congruence relations (2)
(with A.O.L. Atkin and Wenching Winnie Li), Mathematische Annalen, Vol.
340, No.2 (2008) 335-358.
Some talk videos:
- Southern Regional Number Theory Conference, LSU, March 12-13,2022.
- Banff International Research Station (BIRS-IAS) at Hangzhou,
Modular Forms in Number Theory and Physics (22w5189), October 16-21, 2022.
- Southern Regional Number Theory Confrence, LSU, April 13-14, 2019.
- Southern Regional Number Theory Confrence,, LSU, April 8-9, 2017.
- Hypergeometric motives and Calabi–Yau differential equations, 3-week program at MATRIX, Melbourne Australia in January 2017.
- Banff International Research Station (BIRS), Modular Forms in
String Theory, cerebrating the work of Prof. Noriko Yui, Sep. 26-30 2016.
- Mini-workshops on Alegebraic Varieties, Hypergeometric Series, and Modular Forms, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge,
Louisiana, April 2015.
- AMS Special Session on Recent Developments in Algebraic Number Theory, JMM 2015, San Antonio,Texas, January 13, 2015.
- Banff International Research Station (BIRS), Women in Numbers
3, April 2014.
- Applications of Automorphic Forms in Number Theory and
Combinatorics, cerebrating the work of Prof. Wen-Ching Winnie Li, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, April 12-15, 2014.
- Special Session at AMS sectional meeting at Iowa city, March
- American Institute for Mathematics (AIM) week long workshop
on noncongruence modular forms and modularity, August 2009.
- Special Session at AMS Joint Meeting at San Diego, January
- Brian Grove (co-supervised with Fang-Ting Tu, current Ph.D. candidate)
- Emma Lien (current Ph.D. candidate)
- Bao Pham (co-supervised with Fang-Ting Tu, 2021 Ph.D. from Louisiana State University)
- Liem Nguyen (2021 Ph.D. from Louisiana State University)
- Christ Kurth (2009 Ph.D. from Iowa State University)
- Joohyung Kim (2005 Ph.D. from Iowa State University, co-major)
- Max Plank Institute for Mathematics, Bonn Germany, summer 2019
- Hong Kong University, Summer 2017, 2018, 2019
- Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China, summer 2018
- Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM), Brown University, Fall 2015, Research Fellow
- Cornell University, 2012-2013, Michler Fellow
- National Center for Theoretical Sciences (NCTS) In Taiwan, summer 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013
- University of California at Santa Cruz, Spring 2010
- Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques(IHES), Summer 2005
- Institute for Advanced Studies (IAS), 2002-2003, member
Editorial service, co-editor of:
- Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, February 2022-January 2026
- The special issue of Journal of Number Theory (Vol 161,
April 2016 ) dedicated to Professor Wen-Ching Winnie Li, Journal of Number Theory, April 2016.
- Directions in Number Theory, Conference Proceedings for Women in Numbers 3, Association for Women in Mathematics series, Springer, 2016.
- Symmetry, Integrability and Geometry: Methods and Applications (SIGMA)
Special Issue on Modular Forms and String Theory in honor of Noriko Yui, published online in 2018.
Other Educational and Extension Services:
- Mini course "Topics in Number Theory" given at Sun Yat-Sen University in Guangzhou China for advanced undergraduate students.
- Girls Talk Math Podcasts 2018