- Simply log in to a department Linux machine. Your network account and your Linux home directory are the same thing.
- Use SSH to connect to julia.math.lsu.edu. This puts you in your Linux home directory, which is the same thing as your network account.
- If you log in to a department Windows machine, you will see both your home directory and your "H" drive, \\smb.math.lsu.edu\yourname. That H drive is your math network account. It is distinct from the Windows home directory (which is also stored on our server, but is separate).
- Open Finder, then in the Go menu choose Connect to Server, and enter smb://smb.math.lsu.edu/yourusername
From your computer at home
- Use file transfer tools like WinSCP, Fugu, GnuZilla to connect to host julia.math.lsu.edu on port 22.
- Install the VPN client from https://client.vpn.lsu.edu/, turn on VPN, and then "map a drive" or "connect to a Windows share" at the address \\smb.math.lsu.edu\yourname