In 2017/18 the LSU Mathematics Department maintains its strong federal research support.
Faculty members are supported by the NSF, the NSA, the US Airforce, US Army, the Simons Foundation and other sources.
List of Departmental Federal Grants:
- Faculty supported through the Collaboration Grant:
- Dan Sage, 2013, $35,000
- Pallavi Dani, 2016, $35,000
- Phuc Nguyen, 2016, $35,000
- Shea Vela-Vick, 2017, $42,000
Support from other sources
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research
- Hongyu He, Statistical Methods for Adherence Issues in HIV Prevention, 2015, 2016, $428,293
- Blaise Bourdin, Analysis of Fracture Toughness Characterization Experiments, 2013, 2014, $160,000
- Blaise Bourdin, Variational Fracture Approach to Reservoir Stimulation, 2010, 2011, 2012, $460,000
- Blaise Bourdin, Variational Approach to Fracture in Glass and Ceramics, first stage, 2014, $20,760