LSU's Placement and Credit Exam for Trigonometry (Math 1022)
The placement exam for College Trigonometry (Math 1022) consists of 20 multiple choice questions taken from the topics listed below.
The TI-30XIIS (solar) or TI-30XIIB (battery) with a two-line display is the only calculator allowed for use on this placement test. No other calculators are allowed.
Formula sheets are not allowed when taking this exam.
- Angles in degree and radian measure
- Arc length and sector area
- Right triangle definitions of the trigonometric functions
- Applications in right triangles
- Definitions of the trigonometric functions of general angles
- Trigonometric functions of angles belonging to the π/3, π/4, π/6, and quadrantal angle families
- The Unit Circle
- Graphs and properties of the trigonometric functions
- Inverse trigonometric functions
- Trigonometric identities
- Sum and difference formulas
- Double-angle and half-angle formulas
- Trigonometric equations
- Law of Sines
- Law of Cosines
- Area of triangles
- Polar coordinates and polar graphs