LSU's College Algebra Placement and Credit Exam
The placement exam for College Algebra (Math 1021) consists of 25 multiple choice questions taken from the topics listed below.
The TI-30XIIS (solar) or TI-30XIIB (battery) with a two-line display is the only calculator allowed for use on this placement test. No other calculators are allowed.
Formula sheets are not allowed when taking this exam.
- Linear, rational, quadratic, and absolute value equations
- Linear inequalities
- Distance and midpoint of line segment
- Systems of linear equations
- Graphs and properties of linear, quadratic, root, absolute value, polynomial, rational, exponential, and logarithmic functions
- Function properties and graphs
- Parallel and perpendicular lines
- Polynomial, exponential, and logarithmic equations
- Applications involving quadratic functions
- Applications involving exponential growth and decay
- Inverse functions
- Composite functions
- Piecewise-defined functions