- Overview / Get Help
- Network Accounts
- Instruction Support
- Licensed math software
- Printing / Scanning
- Annual Inventory
How to fax from the Xerox Altalink C8035 in Lockett 301G:
- Select “Manual Entry” to enter a fax number.
- Enter the fax number using the on-screen numbers, then press “Add” to submit the entry.
- Select other options by swiping up and down on the screen. When ready to fax, press the “Send” button at the top-right.
Note: The fax begins with an audible dial. If there is a subsequent failure, an error document will print after 1–2 minutes.
Fax number notes:
- Enter “8” followed by the 4-digit extension:
- Enter “9” followed by the 7-digit number:
9 XXX XXXX
- Long Distance:
- Enter “9 1” followed by the 10-digit area code and phone number, followed by a “Wait for dial tone” character (an “=” sign), followed by your long distance billing code (toll-free numbers do not require a long distance code):
9 1 XXX XXX XXXX = LLLLLLL
9 1 8XX XXX XXXX (toll-free)
- Enter “9 011” followed by the country code, followed by any required area code, followed by the international phone number, followed by a “Wait for dial tone” character (an “=” sign), followed by your long distance billing code.
9 011 CCC XXX XXXX XXXX = LLLLLLL
What is “Wait for dial tone”?
In dialing a long distance number, there is a variable-time delay between dialing the number and the tone asking for a long distance code.
The “wait for dial tone” command tells the machine, at that point in dialing the number, to wait until the machine detects a tone, and then to proceed dialing the rest of the number.