Math 1020 Coreq Support for Math 1021 College Algebra
Math 1020 Corequisite Support for Math 1021 College Algebra is an academic support course providing corequisite materials designed to promote mastery of the specific skills and knowledge required for success in Math 1021 College Algebra.
Math 1020 is taken concurrently with Math 1021. Registration in Math 1020 is linked with registration in Math 1021 using the same section number.
To enroll in Math 1020 Coreq (linked with Math 1021 Coreq), you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Math ACT at least 17 but less than 21; or,
- ALEKS at least 30 but less than 41; or,
- Math SAT at least 470 but less than 530.
- properties of real numbers;
- order of operations;
- operations with fractions and decimals;
- evaluating and simplifying polynomial expressions;
- factoring polynomials;
- working with integer and rational exponents;
- solving simple linear equations and inequalities;
- solving rational and quadratic equations;
- using function notation;
- finding intercepts;
- sketching the graphs of basic functions.
Learning support topics:
- reframing an academic mindset;
- empowerment for independent math learners;
- reflecting and adapting after testing;
- planning for finals and beyond.
|Su23 Session C Math 1020 Corequisite Support Syllabus for Section 101 [pdf]||2023-05-22|
|Su23 Session C Math 1020 1021 Schedule for Section 101 [pdf]||2023-05-22|
Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
Factoring Trinomials of the Form $ax^2+bx+c$
Factoring Trinomials of the Form $x^2+bx+c$
Graphing Piecewise-Defined Functions; Shifting and Reflecting Graphs of Functions
Greatest Common Factor and Factoring by Grouping
Perfect Square Trinomials
Properties of Equality
Quadratic Functions and Their Graphs
Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
Simplifying Square Roots and Rationalizing Denominators
Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Graphing
Stephanie H. Kurtz
Math 1020/1021 Coordinator
Office: 274 Lockett Hall
Telephone: +1 225 578 1653